Getting Started Guide
- Guided tour around the "Home", "Profile" and "Settings" pages, explaining what the things you find on them actually mean. For example:
- what "Following" and "Followers" means.
- what "Pinned Courses" means.
- an explanation of what appears on your "Leaderboard".
- how to upload an image to your "Profile".
- an explanation of the implications of linking to Facebook.
- an explanation of the various options in "Settings".
- Then a section explaining the learning process (planting and watering) in simple terms:
choose a course (no limits).
- Go to Level 1 and start "planting".
- how "watering" works (including the frequency cycle).
- how different points are earned.
- Memrise ranks
What is Memrise ?
- Main article: Memrise Ltd
Memrise is privately held a online learning community that was founded in 2008 in Boston (citation needed) (launch: Sepember 2010) and started out with a team of five (including the two founders).
During the course of its existence, memrise saw two of the initial team leave but took on a good dozen new employees, with a focus on mobile development. Both the Android and iOS apps are available as of May 2013.
Memrise won several tech and startup prizes and was covered in renown newspapers and online magazines as well as blogs.
Hints to Better enjoy Memrise
- Main article: Hints to better enjoy Memrise
- Use f.lux(http://justgetflux.com/), it will help your eyes in the long run.
- Position the monitor in your eyes height in a manner you look directly straight.
- Sit at least 60cm from your monitor.
A search interface may be added to the Memrise forum by installing this userscript in your browser.
How to ignore words you have already learnt in another course?
- Main article: Auto-Ignore Function
You can use the Auto Ignore feature
Memrise Addons & Scripts
- Main article: Memrise Addons & Scripts
- Forgive Accidental Typos [discussion thread; thanks to raneksi]
- Search Interface for Memrise Forum [discussion thread ; thanks to carpiediem]
- Add Preview & Auto-Grow Buttons to level pages [discussion thread ; thanks to carpiediem]