- All edits should be posted in the Contributor's Spreadsheet
This is to make sure all the contributors are aware of any changes and to facilitate discussion if needed.
We only need important changes. You don't have to post changes about Synonyms, Alternatives, or Deleted Audios. This is important also because some contributors will duplicate changes in the clone-course (Typing or No Typing) because databases are not connected.
- Translation edits should be verified with online sources.
- All Translations should be directly translated from the English translation to minimize semantic drift. English translations are the references in the Polyglot courses, however French translations are the second references and should be used in case of doubt.
- You can amend or change translations, but English words should not be changed. This ensures consistency between Polyglot courses and the link between them.
- However, you can add English alternatives
- Sometimes, when you change a translation, you will have to delete the Audio files . We will take care of putting them back from time to time (with Uprise).
- Capitalization at the beginning of a sentence is totally random, correct if you want, but it's not compulsory
- The communication between contributors is important, do not hesitate to ask questions
- For the most motivated - and to be truly effective -, contributors could edit clone courses (Typing and No Typing) - unfortunately, databases are not bound, we have to make amendments twice every time
- You can hide an Alternative answer by putting _ before the answer.
- Add as much Hidden alternative answers & synonyms as you can
- If you Put the alternatives as synonyms it would force people to learn both as when watering if you put the synonym it tells you and you get a chance to do the other version.
it is sometimes best not bother about adding alternatives at all : make sure you add as all the synonyms
it will help learning several versions of a word.
- Edit and improve translations
- Verify and correct posted mistakes in the forum
- respond to users inquiries
- record audio voices
- Upload audio voices
- delete audio files (wrong)
- add alternatives
- add synonym
- add items sparingly (example in case of clarification)
- change English translations, unless there is an obvious error (typo, meaning) or to add clarification (for example in parenthesis)